We are running a photo contest for the most-liked photo taken on our Photo Walk on 27 January 2018.
Photo Contest Theme
The theme for the photo contest is “Framed”, so ALL photos submitted to this contest must be in some way related to this theme. But it is entirely up to you. You are free to interpret this theme in any way you like so I hope you’ll have fun with it.
- Submissions start on 27 January 2018 after the walk.
- Last day for submissions is midnight on 3 February 2018.
- Voting closes at midnight on 10 February 2018.
Rules on how to enter:
- All entries must have been taken on 27 January 2018 during our Ashmolean photo walk.
- Each person may enter up to 2 photos ONLY, so choose carefully! Please note that photos already posted to the Facebook Group will NOT be accepted in order to maintain photographer anonymity for reasons stated below.
- Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com by midnight on 3 February 2018.
- Photos should be no larger than 3MB, and in jpeg format.
- With your submission, please include the following information:
- **Email Subject Line: OPW January 2018**
- Instagram Handle (So we can tag you, as we’d love to be able to share your shots after the contest is over.)
Rules on how to vote:
- An admin will create and upload ALL the photos to a photo contest album on our Facebook Group soon after the submission deadline. This way, no one will know whose photo is whose, making the voting unbiased and everyone will have a fair chance of winning.
- All members of the group are allowed to vote (or in this case, ‘like’ their favourite photo/s) even if they didn’t add a picture to the contest, or attend the walk.
- You CANNOT ‘like’ your own picture (obviously! 😉 )
- Voting closes on 10 February 2018 at midnight, and the winner will be announced soon after.
If you’ve any questions, please drop us an email.
Finally… is there a prize?
As we are a volunteer-lead, non-profit club, we cannot offer the winner a prize. We’re sorry about that, and hope to be able to change that in the future. Until that day comes, however, we’d like to celebrate our talented members and their winning shots by giving them their 5 Minutes of Fame, with a feature interview on our blog.
We’d love to share our members work on our website and via our social media channels. So even if you don’t win the contest, your work could still be featured. We will, of course, always add a credit line (first name and last name initial, or use the appropriate social media handle) for any photos we use.